Tuesday, March 24, 2009

on endings

' we are all over the internet'

'it's ok, captain paranoid'

'no, it's not that i'm paranoid, it's that i don't want to share.'

'FINE, I'LL STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR BATHROOM HABITS'

'no, i just... i just don't want to share you.'

(not believing for a second he isn't also super paranoid about the grid, man.)

'fine.'

so here i am.

done for now.

not only because i respect his wishes (which, let's be honest, i'm too independent to worry much about that. and by independent i mean selfish), but also because i'm growing up and getting ready for real kid jobs, the kind of jobs where they won't hire you once they find your blog with posts about getting a case of the squirts, how much you drank in college , how many times you've fallen up the stairs and just how chronically late for work you've become.

happy trails...

12 comments:

DeMo March 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

No! I think this is the moment when all the lurkers come out of hiding and try to convince you to stay. But it's probably best that you go for a while, lest you get Dooced. That would suck. Thanks for the fun stories. We'll miss you.

Lins March 24, 2009 at 11:19 AM  

Hi. I'm Lindsay, and I'm a lurker. You have never failed to crack me up...thanks for that. You're probably right...binge drinking and bathroom habits don't lend themselves to a law firm. Good luck!

http://goodbyemartha.blogspot.com

Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 11:23 AM  

I will say that I have enjoyed reading about your highjinks. I encourage you to continue participating in QotD?, perhaps with a sneaky nickname, but still, I don't ask many incriminating questions! ~hug~

Julie G March 24, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

I suppose this will require you to make more appearances at the griffith household for late night dinners, game nights, drinks, and stories that leave both griffiths rolling on the floor laughing with tears streaming down our faces (just like last weekend). I'm so bummed about the end to the blog. I know James will be too, since he names your blog before mine in his "highlights of his every day life."

Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

You don't know who I am but I know where you live and if you don't start doing this blog again I'm gonna have to not bring delicious, tasty, absolutely delectable home made beer over to your house next time I'm invited.

Clark March 24, 2009 at 1:52 PM  

Aw, well your blog was a hoot but I understand the need for privacy. Just remember this one thing:

No matter what you do in life,
No matter where it leads you,
No matter who you're with,
Poop's funny.

James March 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

I just hope that the absence of the blog means that you are working on (at least in your mind) your book. I Think that all your readers will be waiting for the publication day. I hope to be first in line to get an autographed copy.

I will miss the daily checks to see what the most recent rant is. I have enjoyed your way with words and the humor imparted. Thank you.

Anonymous March 24, 2009 at 5:04 PM  

amen and ditto to what james said. write it!

Anonymous March 25, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

If you so feel inclined to get out your daily frustrations, but would like more privacy than a public blog, I'll be the first to sign up for a daily email. Afterall, writing IS therapeutic! :)

Gonna miss it. Hope to catch you at the Griffith house for stories!

James April 3, 2009 at 7:06 PM  

I keep checking for an encore post. Wishful thinking I suppose. I miss it.

Christine May 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

I'm with James.

Clark May 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM  

Damn you and your no blogging butt. Getting married could result in some greatness. Why not just blog on Facebook or somesuch, that way you control who can see it?

Just a though, because I'm smart and all.

  © Blogger template Merdeka by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP